Friday, September 7, 2007

week nine; thing 21: podcasts

I thought I knew. I thought I knew what a podcast was. And then I watched one. It was a ninja explaining podcast in a way I had not seen or heard of before. And I was captured by his imagination.

It went like this: A podcast is like an apple pie factory that keeps making apple pies and putting them out for sharks to eat. The sharks line up and wait for the apple pies. And the pies keep coming at the sharks; more and more---- fresh and new--- delicious apple pies! That was his metaphor for podcast feeds: Information coming to you, non-musical, (though can contain music) audio and/or video broadcasts delivered regularly over the internet through RSS.

My search for a podcast of interest began at Yahoopodcasts and ended at podcastalley. I subscribed to thisone through bloglines. Now, I can listen to it on my computer, or download it to my mp3player and take it on-the-go! Pretty cool.

No comments: