Tuesday, September 4, 2007

week nine; thing 20: youtube



Ok, confessions of a newbie-blogger: this was my first visit to YouTube. I had viewed the site, once or twice, from afar, over someone's shoulder. I had imagined the way to Youtube, but had not been before now. Wow! You can search under countless categories for the video clip that will suit you to a T, but it may take some time...you'll find clips that are boring, slow, and obviously made with someone else in mind. And, you'll find clips that entertain and instruct, home-videos, music videos, and current-event video clips, and much more!

The site has an aura of "you-can-too!" That's how I feel when I'm youtubing: You can too. You can see what others see....you can make what others make....you can do what others do (like watch youtube!)

Posting the video-clip to my blog was not a problem...just followed the directions and ta-da! But, selecting the clip was time consuming because there were quite a few good ones. I was torn between and comedy and a dance clip. In the end, I chose this one on Alan Alda because I like the way he pronounces "Chile." The whole library setting, book discussion-thing, did not influence my decision at all.

No comments: