Wednesday, June 27, 2007

week three; thing 6: flickr fun, mashups & 3rd party sites

This was totally new for me. Flickr itself was new...I didn't even know what a mashup was before, much less play with it a bit, and the third-party-site thing is still unclear to me. What is it? Is it the same as a mashup, or different and in what way? I like the mashup concept and get it by thinking of the resee peanut-butter cup metaphor (your chocolate on my peanut butter!)

By way of discovery, I tried to create a calendar using photos saved on my computer. (the key word being "tried.") When I had trouble uploading the images, I scrapped the calendar idea in favor of creating a mosaic. I signed in, attempted an upload, and then the screen changed...there it was...my new mosaic with a thin black line for a frame. It was totally white! I scrolled down hoping to find an image...NONE. At that point a small caption appeared at the bottom of my "white canvas." It read, "and you thought you were not creative." That created a few good laughs around here!

No comments: