Tuesday, August 28, 2007

week 8; thing 18: online productivity tools


If someone told me I'd be using a web-based application today, I would have said, "What is that!!!?"..and now I'm really liking the one I'm using. I am typing this document from Zoho Writer where you can do everything Microsoft Word does and more. Not only that, you can publish your documents to your blog, (as will be the case with this when I am finished,) and share your documents with others over the internet. And I found out about more cool features from reading a zoho document that was created by Helene Blowers and edited by Jean Herriges and revised by me with the handy cut-and-paste feature I love so well

1) Your documents can be saved online, so you can access them anywhere and you don't have to carry your USB drive or a diskette around.

2) You can export this file as a Word or .txt file document, which makes it easy to use inside Word.

3) The email feature is easy to use also. It allows you to email this document as a Word file, .pdf document, HTML and many other options.

4) I like that you can publish documents as a public file so anyone (like you right now) can read it as a web page.

5) I also like that you can export a file as a .pdf document or HTML (this is very cool!!)

6) And if you like, you can also use Zoho as a text editor and then publish your document as a post on your Blogger blog.

No comments: